Clicky is a tool that helps website owners understand how visitors interact with their websites. Website analytics are beneficial since they enable website improvement. For example, owners can modify their website to make it easier to use by looking at how long visitors remain on it and which pages they visit the most.
Clicky is a popular web analytics tool, but it has its drawbacks. In this article, we'll dive into Clicky and showcase a few alternatives that might suit you better.
- What is Clicky used for?
- Clicky Pricing
- Clicky Alternatives
- Things to Look For in an Analytics Tool
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Clicky used for?
Clicky's web analytics application monitors user interaction, conversion, and time spent on a website. The platform provides tools for tracking referrals, managing campaigns, defining and tracking goals, and managing many sites. Additionally, Clicky offers pageview tracking, enabling companies to tailor their websites to particular user interests and change their products and online presence.
Even though Clicky still calls itself a privacy-friendly analytics tool but in legislative terms such as GDPR, it’s not privacy-friendly. Clicky is US-based and hosts user data on US servers, making it not compliant with GDPR.
Besides that, Clicky’s UI hasn’t seen any updates for years, making you feel you are using a bit outdated tool. It’s better to look for other options as the significant benefits, like being privacy-friendly and having a good UX, don’t stand true anymore.
Clicky offers different pricing options to cater to various business needs in web analytics. For example, the Pro plan allows tracking up to 10 websites and analyzing 30,000 daily page views for $9.99 monthly.
The Pro Plus plan offers enhanced features and monthly priority processing for $14.99.
The Pro Platinum plan and custom pricing options are available for larger enterprises, accommodating up to 30 or more websites and 100,000 daily page views. The pricing varies for traffic higher than that, and the companies have to request quotes from Clicky.
Consider the number of websites and expected daily page views when selecting a Clicky plan. This will ensure the right balance of features and pricing.
The available real-time website analytics tool Clicky provides a good product. There may be better options for some.
Clicky's drawbacks include possible data accuracy problems and a pricing structure that may be too expensive for small firms.This points out the necessity of looking for alternatives like Simple Analytics, which offers more thorough insights into website performance and user activity.
Simple Analytics is a top choice among users for web analytics because it offers both web metrics and product analytics in a user-friendly interface at a reasonable price.
It's a must-try for companies wishing to enhance their analytics tool due to its accurate data, thorough insights, and user-friendly layout. Here are its features in detail:
Simple Analytics (easy to use and predictable pricing)
As the name goes, Simple Analytics is a simple and easy-to-use analytics tool. It's also one of the few analytics tools completely GDPR-compliant with EU-hosted servers.
Now let's review a few benefits of using Simple Analytics over Clicky.
Pros of using Simple Analytics
- Simplified UI - Using tools that are easy to navigate around is always preferred over complex ones. Simple Analytics offers a straightforward user interface that makes analysis easier. Working with it is, therefore, a smooth activity.
- Affordable Pricing- Simple Analytics is exceptionally cost-effective. They offer both product and web analytics tools at a reasonable price. They have plans starting at $9/month. It packs the tools and features from the most expensive tools for a friendly price.
- Automated Event Collection- Another feature that makes Simple Analytics stand out in its product category is automated event collection. While you must manually set additional tags for other tools, Simple Analytics does the job for you. Once you link it to your website, it lets you track the metrics of all action buttons just by hovering over them.
- Mini Websites- As a business with an online presence, you often get featured in the conversation of your users. You might get a mention on Twitter or a feature on a website. While most tools let you know where you got a mention, they don’t deliver the specifics. Simple Analytics stands out here. It gives you the specifics of your feature and helps you track it through a mini website.
Cons of using Simple Analytics
The user interface of Simple Analytics is made to look simple and easy to understand so everyone, be it the founder or marketing teams, can use it easily. A Product Manager may need a few more screens, but that is something that can be quickly built with goals.
Pricing of Simple Analytics
Simple Analytics is one of the most cost-efficient tools available in its segment. The product is perfect for businesses. It caters to companies and has plans for individuals and students. Therefore it ensures that the best features are available at a very reasonable price.
The pricing of Simple Analytics starts at a low $9/month, making it a pocket-friendly tool for all businesses.
Piwik PRO and Matomo (formerly known as Piwik) evolved out of an open-source project known as Piwik.
Piwik PRO is now an enterprise-focused analytics tool built on the open-source project. It offers web and product analytics and a few other helpful additions, such as tag manager and consent manager.
- Provides detailed reports on visitor behavior, including location, device, and more.
- Open-source, which means it's free to use.
- Offers customizable dashboards and reports.
- Provides privacy-focused options.
- Offers a cloud-hosted solution.
- The web UI could be more straightforward.
- Understanding how to get beyond default features takes time and effort.
- Piwik has problems with loading, data retention, and an exponential increase in disk consumption.
- Primarily meant from enterprise, hence an expensive solution.
Piwik PRO is an enterprise solution and is expected to be expensive. If you try looking up the pricing on their site, you won’t be able to, as it requires contacting the sales team.
Though the pricing isn’t public, but according to Optimize Smart
Plausible is a lightweight and privacy-focused web analytics tool that provides website owners insights into visitor behavior. It was founded in 2019 and is based in Estonia.
Plausible offers a clean and straightforward user interface that makes it easy to use.
They do have a focus on privacy, but according to many independent researchers and thought leaders, it may not be as privacy-friendly as they state. More can be read in this article, which was popular on HackerNews.
- Provides detailed reports on visitor behavior.
- Offers a clean and straightforward user interface.
- Provides customizable dashboards and reports.
- Offers a free trial.
- Limited features compared to other paid options.
- A lower degree of in-depth reporting.
- Other solutions are more privacy-friendly.
Plausible’s pricing starts at $9/month when paid monthly or $7.5/month when paid annually. Though this is indeed affordable, you’ll have to keep in mind that this is the pricing for websites with less than 10,000 page views.
The next tier starts at $19/month when paid monthly or ~$15.9/month when paid annually for websites with less than 100,000 pageviews.
Pirsch is a privacy-focused web analytics tool that helps website owners track visitor behavior while respecting privacy. It was founded in 2019 and is based in Berlin, Germany.
- Simple and easy-to-understand dashboard.
- Budget-friendly option.
- Easy to install.
- Proxying is very tricky and needs some technical knowledge (used to bypass adblockers)
- They have not been in business for long and have less track record than other solutions.
- Event-setting and goal-tracking features are limited
Pirsch Analytics is a pretty affordable tool, especially for low-traffic websites. The pricing for Pirsch Analytics starts at $5/month when paid annually for 10,000 pageviews. The next pricing tier supports websites for up to 100,000 pageviews and costs $10/month.
Things to Look For in an Analytics Tool
Selecting a tool for product analytics is a crucial decision. You might ask what could possibly go wrong when choosing one, yet you can miss out on a lot. Therefore, be sure to go through this checklist before making a choice. You're good to go if the tool provides these:
- Ease of Use: Regardless of your chosen product, it must be simple to use. You shouldn’t spend your precious time on a complex web analytics tool that takes time and experience to get familiar with.
- Accuracy: Getting an accurate picture of what’s happening on your website is important. Inaccurate data might lead to misjudged decisions that impact your business.
- Straightforward UI: Most of the time, you don’t need 75 custom dashboards (looking at you, Google). A straightforward overview of what’s happening on your website will give you the insights you need instantly. Look for a tool that gives you the insights you need without too many distracting bells and whistles.
- Lightweight: Your website is your storefront on the internet. Providing the best possible experience to your visitors matters. Installing an analytics script has an impact on your page speed. Choose an analytics tool that doesn’t slow your website down. This not only affects your visitors’ experience. Google will notice this as well.
- Privacy: The world is moving in a direction where privacy is becoming increasingly important. Google Analytics has been declared illegal in multiple EU countries. You don’t want to get caught up in this mess. Take privacy or compliance with regulation into account.
- Integration: To get a complete picture of your business, the tool should be able to integrate with other devices you use, such as your CRM or dashboarding tools.
- Pricing: Consider the tool's pricing and ensure it aligns with your budget. Take advantage of some companies' free trials or basic versions to ensure the product suits your needs before committing to a paying plan.
Although this checklist can assist you in getting started, there may be other factors for your organization that you need to consider.
Feel free to try Simple Analytics if you want a tool that checks these boxes. It provides the insights you need in a straightforward dashboard while being 100% GDPR compliant.
We believe the internet should be an independent place that is friendly to website visitors. If this resonates with you, then check us out!
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Clicky Analytics work?
A real-time website monitoring tool is called Clicky web analytics. It provides tools like conversion monitoring, heatmaps, and visitor tracking to improve website speed.
Using a tracking code, Clicky Analytics monitors and examines website user activities. It offers in-the-moment reports on page views, clicks, visitor information, etc.
What advantages does Clicky offer?
Clicky offers instant insights, thorough visitor tracking, and practical tools like heatmaps and goal tracking. In addition, Analytics data is simple to access and understand thanks to its user-friendly design.
Is Clicky better than Google Analytics?
No, you could argue it’s not. Google Analytics is more feature-rich than Clicky. One might prefer other analytics tools over Google Analytics that are simpler to understand or privacy-friendly, but Clicky is non of this.
How does Clicky Analytics work?
You need to install Clicky Analytics by adding a code snippet on your website. Once this is done, you should see traffic in your Clicky Analytics dashboard.
Is Clicky Analytics free?
No, Clicky Analytics is not free. It starts at $9,99 monthly for up to 30K page views.