Siteimprove is a tool that helps website owners understand how visitors interact with their websites. Website analytics are beneficial since they enable website improvement. For example, owners can modify their website to make it easier to use by looking at how long visitors remain on it and which pages they visit the most.
Siteimprove is a popular web analytics tool, but it has its drawbacks. In this article, we'll dive into Siteimprove and showcase alternatives that might suit you better.
- What is Siteimprove used for?
- Siteimprove Pricing
- Siteimprove Alternatives
- Things to Look For in an Analytics Tool
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Siteimprove used for?
Siteimprove is a web analytics application that assists you in optimizing the performance of your website. It provides a toolkit for content optimization, SEO, and accessibility. It helps in ensuring that your website is operating at its peak efficiency. In addition, you can use it to obtain thorough performance information for your website.
You can start immediately with Siteimprove because of its user-friendly interface and ease of use. It even provides comprehensive reports on your website's SEO and content optimization. When problems are discovered, the tool notifies you so you can quickly fix them. n addition, anyone looking to optimize the performance of their website can use the tool Siteimprove to do so.
It's vital to remember that Siteimprove has yet to publicly publish the precise pricing information for their product or service when it comes to pricing.
However, this is a typical practice among software vendors and service providers because pricing might change based on specific business needs and requirements. It is advised to contact Siteimprove's sales or the customer support team directly if you want to get precise and current price information. Please note some customers have reviewed it as expensive.
Siteimprove is a powerful web analytics application that assists website owners in improving their online visibility. However, it’s known to be an expensive solution that not many businesses can afford.
Simple Analytics (easy to use and predictable pricing)
As the name goes, Simple Analytics is a simple and easy-to-use analytics tool. It's also one of the few analytics tools completely GDPR-compliant with EU-hosted servers.
Also, simple doesn’t refer to a lack of features here. It's a robust web analytics tool that doubles as a minimal product analytics tool too, with capabilities such as event and goal tracking.
Pros of using Simple Analytics
- Simplified UI - Using tools that are easy to navigate around is always preferred over complex ones. Simple Analytics offers a straightforward user interface that makes analysis easier. Working with it is, therefore, a smooth activity.
- Affordable Pricing- Simple Analytics is exceptionally cost-effective. They offer both product and web analytics tools at a reasonable price. They have plans starting at $9/month. It packs the tools and features from the most expensive tools for a friendly price.
- Automated Event Collection- Another feature that makes Simple Analytics stand out in its product category is automated event collection. While you must manually set additional tags for other tools, Simple Analytics does the job for you. Once you link it to your website, it lets you track the metrics of all action buttons just by hovering over them.
- Mini Websites- As a business with an online presence, you often get featured in the conversation of your users. You might get a mention on Twitter or a feature on a website. While most tools let you know where you got a mention, they don’t deliver the specifics. Simple Analytics stands out here. It gives you the specifics of your feature and helps you track it through a mini website.
Cons of using Simple Analytics
The user interface of Simple Analytics is made to look simple and easy to understand so everyone, be it the founder or marketing teams, can use it easily. A Product Manager may need a few more screens, but that is something that can be quickly built with goals.
Pricing of Simple Analytics
Simple Analytics is one of the most cost-efficient tools available in its segment. The product is perfect for businesses. It caters to companies and has plans for individuals and students. Therefore it ensures that the best features are available at a very reasonable price.
The pricing of Simple Analytics starts at a low $9/month, making it a pocket-friendly tool for all businesses.
Visitor Analytics is a website analytics tool that calls itself a website intelligence platform as it comes with several other features, such as session recording, polls, surveys, and much more.
It’s a comprehensive solution for anyone who needs more than just web analytics, but at times, this can get overwhelming, too; with more features, the dashboards keep getting cluttered.
- Offers wide range of features.
- Simple and easy to install.
- Slightly expensive for small and medium-sized businesses.
- You may have to pay for features you won’t use in a higher plan.
- Uses fingerprinting and is not GDPR-compliant
Visitor Analytics multiple pricing plans. The Basic package is priced at $10.39 monthly and includes heatmaps and website analytics for up to 10,000 page views. The Advanced plan, available for $19.99 per month, offers everything the Basic plan features but with higher limits.
Similarly, they have Pro, Pro Plus, and Pro ++ plans which are over the same as the other plans do with even higher limits. They also give access to “Company Reveal,” which lets you know if you are getting traffic for any organizations.
Plausible is a lightweight and privacy-focused web analytics tool that provides website owners insights into visitor behavior. It was founded in 2019 and is based in Estonia.
Plausible offers a clean and straightforward user interface that makes it easy to use.
They do have a focus on privacy, but according to many independent researchers and thought leaders, it may not be as privacy-friendly as they state. More can be read in this article, which was popular on HackerNews.
- Provides detailed reports on visitor behavior.
- Offers a clean and straightforward user interface.
- Provides customizable dashboards and reports.
- Offers a free trial.
- Limited features compared to other paid options.
- A lower degree of in-depth reporting.
- Other solutions are more privacy-friendly.
Plausible’s pricing starts at $9/month when paid monthly or $7.5/month when paid annually. Though this is indeed affordable, you’ll have to keep in mind that this is the pricing for websites with less than 10,000 page views.
The next tier starts at $19/month when paid monthly or ~$15.9/month when paid annually for websites with less than 100,000 pageviews.
Umami is an open-source web analytics tool that provides website owners insights into visitor behavior. It was created by three brothers Mike, Brian, and Francis Cao.
Many devs love it as it’s easy to install and get started, but remember that this can be challenging for non-developers. Umami also has event tracking, but users have reported it to be very limited.
- Open-source, which means it's free to use if self-hosted.
- Simple and easy dashboard.
- Lightweight web analytics and doesn’t slow the website.
- Limited support options
- Limited data retention options.
- Limited features compared to other paid options.
Umami Analytics was initially only open-source but recently launched a hosted cloud version. The pricing starts at $9/month for 100,000 pageviews. One major issue with all the plans is their limited data retention policy unless you switch to a custom plan.
Things to Look For in an Analytics Tool
Selecting a tool for product analytics is a crucial decision. Therefore, be sure to go through this checklist before making a choice. You're good to go if the tool provides these:
- Ease of Use: Regardless of your chosen product, it must be simple to use. You shouldn’t spend your precious time on a complex web analytics tool that takes time and experience to get familiar with.
- Accuracy: Getting an accurate picture of what’s happening on your website is important. Inaccurate data might lead to misjudged decisions that impact your business.
- Straightforward UI: Most of the time, you don’t need 75 custom dashboards (looking at you, Google). A straightforward overview of what’s happening on your website will give you the insights you need instantly. Look for a tool that gives you the insights you need without too many distracting bells and whistles.
- Lightweight: Your website is your storefront on the internet. Providing the best possible experience to your visitors matters. Installing an analytics script has an impact on your page speed. Choose an analytics tool that doesn’t slow your website down. This not only affects your visitors’ experience. Google will notice this as well.
- Privacy: The world is moving in a direction where privacy is becoming increasingly important. Google Analytics has been declared illegal in multiple EU countries. You don’t want to get caught up in this mess. Take privacy or compliance with regulation into account.
- Integration: To get a complete picture of your business, the tool should be able to integrate with other devices you use, such as your CRM or dashboarding tools.
- Pricing: Consider the tool's pricing and ensure it aligns with your budget. Take advantage of some companies' free trials or basic versions to ensure the product suits your needs before committing to a paying plan.
Although this checklist can assist you in getting started, there may be other factors for your organization that you need to consider.
Feel free to try Simple Analytics if you want a tool that checks these boxes. It provides the insights you need in a straightforward dashboard while being 100% GDPR compliant.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Siteimprove Analytics?
Siteimprove is a complex analytics tool that is mostly used in governmental organizations such as municipalities. If you are looking for an intuitive and smooth analytics tool, you should check out Simple Analytics.
How much does Siteimprove cost?
They don’t show their pricing our their website. Hence, it's not feasible to give it a spin without getting quoted. They are an enterprise-grade analytics solution.
Is Siteimprove GDPR-compliant?
No, Siteimprove is not GDPR-compliant since they run their servers through AWS. This means there is an opportunity for your visitor data will be sent to the U.S.
Why is Simple Analytics preferred over Siteimprove?
In contrast to Siteimprove, Simple Analytics is 100% GDPR-compliant. In addition, Simple Analytics is easy to use and has an intuitive dashboard. It’s easy to install and a better fit for small -and mid-sized businesses.