Pirsch Analytics is a privacy analytics tool based out of Germany. It’s an affordable and simple-to-use analytics tool with all the features such as event tracking, goal tracking, and much more.
This article will cover Pirsch’s features, strengths, and weaknesses. But there's more! We'll introduce you to an exciting alternative. This innovative solution offers a fresh perspective, empowering you to make informed decisions.
- Pirsch Reviews
- Simple Analytics: A better alternative
- Feature comparison between Simple Analytics and Pirsch Analytics
- FAQs: A Better Alternative to Pirsch
Pirsch Analytics has recently gained much traction because of its easy-to-use dashboard and affordable pricing. Creating tracking events is also straightforward with Pirsch; however, the features are limited.
Pros of Pirsch
- Simple and easy-to-understand dashboard
- Budget-friendly option
- Easy to install
Cons of Pirsch
- Proxying is very tricky and needs some technical knowledge (used to bypass ad blockers)
- They have not been in business for long and have less track record than other solutions
- Event-setting and goal-tracking features are limited
What do you like best about Pirsch Analytics?
After trying many analytics tools, only Pirsch met my needs. Pirsch is the most complete, beautiful and affordable analytics solution out there.
What do you dislike about Pirsch Analytics?
Initially some features were missing (which alternatives also didn't support), but the Pirsch team quickly implemented those. Currently there's nothing I dislike about Pirsch.
What problems is Pirsch Analytics solving and how is that benefiting you?
Pirsch enables me to gain insight into what's happening on the websites of my SaaS businesses. These insights allow me to optimize conversions and grow the business.
*Zep F., Small Business*
Note: Pirsch is a very new tool; hence not many reviews are available on sites like G2.
Simple Analytics: A better alternative
Simple Analytics is an easy-to-use analytics tool that gives you the insights you need while being 100% GDPR-compliant.
It was founded by Adriaan van Rossum shortly after the GDPR was approved. Since its inception, Simple Analytics has had customers of all sizes, notable ones being: Michelin, Havas Media, Nomadlist, and the UK Government.
Though Simple Analytics might sound like a simple minimal analytics tool, it does pack some powerful features that many marketers love, such as automated event collection, goal tracking, e-commerce analytics, bypassing ad blockers (as it’s privacy-friendly), and much more.
Let's explore a few reasons why it's become a preferred choice for businesses seeking reliable and affordable analytics tools.
Pros of using Simple Analytics
- Simple UI: Simple Analytics is one of the easiest analytics tools. The dashboard is built in a way to easily understandable to non-marketers.
- Affordable: Tracking website and product metrics is pretty affordable with Simple Analytics. For just $9/month, you can track 100,000 data points (pageviews + events). Additionally, you get features that you would find in much more expensive tools.
- Privacy First: The world is moving in a direction where privacy is becoming increasingly important. Google Analytics has been declared illegal in multiple EU countries. You would rather avoid getting caught up in this mess. Take privacy or compliance with regulations into account.
- Mini Websites: Have you ever seen “t.co” as a referrer in your web analytics? If you have, you must have broken your head trying to find the source. Simple Analytics helps you find the exact tweet that referred/mentioned to your website.
- Lightweight: Your website is your storefront on the internet. Providing the best possible experience matters. Installing an analytics script has an impact on page speed. Choose an analytics tool that won’t slow your website down. Even Google recommends having a website that loads quickly.
- Integration: Installing and integrating Simple Analytics is also super easy. It has 20+ integrations to select from, so you can get it added quickly.
Cons of using Simple Analytics
Due to privacy laws, Simple Analytics doesn’t store IPs and user identifiers, which makes it lack a couple of metrics, such as bounce rate, but it does have time on page to give you an idea of user stickiness.
Pricing of Simple Analytics
Simple Analytics offers one of the most affordable pricing structures in its segment. The plans start at just $9/month, which lets you track 100,000 data points.
If you need more features, such as team access, the pricing goes up to $49/month, increasing the data points limit from 100,000 to 1,000,000.
Feature comparison between Simple Analytics and Pirsch Analytics
|User Seats||1 to Unlimited users||Unlimited|
|Account Security||Passwordless Login||N/A|
|Data Center Locations||European Economic Area (EEA)||European Economic Area (EEA)|
|Data Import||GA importer included||via API or manual from Google Universal Analytics|
|Software Hosting||Public Cloud||Public Cloud|
|Compliance||GDPR, PECR, CCPA||GDPR, CCPA, PECR|
|Data Export||As CSV or via API||As CSV or via API|
|Cookieless||Simple Analytics is cookieless||Pirsch Analytics is cookieless|
|Funnel Reporting||Available||Not Available|
|Device Reporting||Available (based on OS and screen sizes)||Available|
|Trend Reporting||Available||Not Available|
|Alerts & Automation|
|Integrations||20+ Available and can send a request to the Simple Analytics team for more||15+ Available|
|Email Reports||Weekly, monthly||Weekly, monthly|
Pirsch offers a privacy-oriented analytics solution that does a great job as a web analytics tool but needs to catch up in advanced features. For example, it has event tracking but misses goal analytics.
Simple Analytics, on the other hand, provides a worry-free, robust solution. If this resonates with you, feel free to give it a try!
FAQs: A Better Alternative to Pirsch
Is Pirsch easy to use and set up?
Like Simple Analytics, Pirsch is also meant to provide a user-friendly experience. The setup process is easy, and the UI is designed to be user-friendly for users with varied levels of technical ability. You can easily start tracking your website analytics with just a few lines of code.
Does Pirsch provide options for data export and integration?
Yes, Pirsch provides data export functionality, allowing users to download analytics data in CSV format.
Can Pirsch be utilized for mobile applications?
Yes and no, Pirsch doesn’t have an SDK for mobile apps; however, the JS snippet can be added in PWAs to create a mobile app with Pirsch’s tracking code in it.