WP Statistics has several alternatives, but to understand them better, let's talk about web analytics first. Website analytics aids website owners in comprehending how visitors interact with their websites. They are beneficial since they enable website improvement based on actual data.
WP Statistics is a popular web analytics tool, but it has its drawbacks. This article will dive into WP Statistics and showcase a few alternatives that might suit you better.
- What is WP Statistics used for?
- WP Statistics Pricing
- WP Statistics Alternatives
- Things to Look For in an Analytics Tool
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is WP Statistics used for?
WP Statistics is a web analytics plugin for WordPress that offers up-to-date information on the traffic to your website. You can use it to monitor visitor behavior, website traffic, and other crucial analytics. Using WP Statistics, you can observe your visitors' origins, the pages, and how long they stay on your site. Detailed information on your traffic and behavior is available.
One of its key advantages is that WP Statistics was created especially for WordPress blogs. It is simple to install and use and smoothly interacts with WordPress. You can immediately gain an overview of your website's performance and visitor behavior with its straightforward dashboard and accessible reports.
WP Statistics Pricing
Several add-ons are available through WP Statistics to improve your analytics capabilities, but they are more expensive. Here is a summary:
The Add-Ons Bundle contains comprehensive reporting, widgets, customization, data plus, real-time stats, REST API, and more, costing $119.00 annually.
It offers an advanced reporting feature that gives detailed reports for more profound insights for $39.00/year. In addition, for $39.00/year, owners can add more widget settings to improve user experience.
WP Statistics also allows add-ons to fit your website for $39.00 annually.
Here's the pricing of a few other features when purchased separately:
- Data Plus: For $39.00/year, gain access to sophisticated data analysis
- Mini Chart: For $15 per year, quickly view essential metrics
- Real-Time Stats: For $39.00 each year, stay current
- REST API: For $15 per year, programmatically access your data
Although the offers are feature-rich, some consumers may find them pricey.
WP Statistics Alternatives
For WordPress websites, WP Statistics is a web analytics plugin that can be used. It does, however, have some drawbacks.
The compatibility of WP Statistics is one of its drawbacks. Moreover, it might need to function appropriately with specific WordPress themes and configurations, which could present technical difficulties.
Simple Analytics (easy to use and predictable pricing)
As the name goes, Simple Analytics is a simple and easy-to-use analytics tool. It's also one of the few analytics tools completely GDPR-compliant with EU-hosted servers. It is cost-effective, privacy first, easy to use, and real-time data collection oriented. What more do you need?
Now let's review a few benefits of using Simple Analytics over Adobe Analytics.
Pros of using Simple Analytics
- Simplified UI - Using tools that are easy to navigate around is always preferred over complex ones. Simple Analytics offers a straightforward user interface that makes analysis easier. Working with it is, therefore, a smooth activity.
- Affordable Pricing- Simple Analytics is exceptionally cost-effective. They offer both product and web analytics tools at a reasonable price. They have plans starting at $9/month. It packs the tools and features from the most expensive tools for a friendly price.
- Automated Event Collection- Another feature that makes Simple Analytics stand out in its product category is automated event collection. While you must manually set additional tags for other tools, Simple Analytics does the job for you. Once you link it to your website, it lets you track the metrics of all action buttons just by hovering over them.
- Mini Websites- As a business with an online presence, you often get featured in the conversation of your users. You might get a mention on Twitter or a feature on a website. While most tools let you know where you got a mention, they don’t deliver the specifics. Simple Analytics stands out here. It gives you the specifics of your feature and helps you track it through a mini website.
- Wordpress plugin- Simple Analytics has a Wordpress Plugin to make it easier for Wordpress websites to integrate Simple Analytics
Cons of using Simple Analytics
The user interface of Simple Analytics is made to look simple and easy to understand so everyone, be it the founder or marketing teams, can use it easily. The Product Manager may need a few more screens, but that is something that can be quickly built with goals.
Pricing of Simple Analytics
Simple Analytics is one of the most cost-efficient tools available in its segment. The product is perfect for businesses. It caters to companies and has plans for individuals and businesses of all sizes. Therefore it ensures that the best features are available at a very reasonable price.
The pricing of Simple Analytics starts at a low $9/month, making it a pocket-friendly tool for businesses of all sizes.
Pirsch Analytics is a privacy analytics tool based out of Germany. It’s an affordable and simple-to-use analytics tool with all the features such as event tracking, goal tracking, and much more. In addition to that, it’s a pretty affordable tool to start.
- Simple and easy-to-understand dashboard.
- Budget-friendly option.
- Easy to install.
- Proxying is very tricky and needs some technical knowledge (used to bypass adblockers).
- They have not been in business for long and have less track record than other solutions.
- Event-setting and goal-tracking features are limited.
Pirsch Analytics is a pretty affordable tool, especially for low-traffic websites. The pricing for Pirsch Analytics starts at $5/month when paid annually for 10,000 pageviews. The next pricing tier supports websites for up to 100,000 pageviews and costs $10/month.
GoSquared Analytics is a simple privacy-friendly analytics that was started in 2010 and was called “Live Stats” back then. The current version is an output of iteration.
The key benefit of using GoSquared is its easy-to-understand dashboard and simple setup. It’s also GDPR compliant and was confirmed by a 3rd party accreditation body.
- Simple and easy-to-understand dashboard.
- Hassle-free setup.
- Affordable pricing.
- Has multiple helpful integrations.
- Though the dashboard in easy-to-understand but the UI is a bit dated.
- Limited capabilities in event tracking.
The pricing of GoSquared Analytics starts at $9/month for three projects (websites) and up to 100,000 pageviews. Their plans have standard features such as unlimited team sharing, email reports, event tracking, etc.
Plausible is a lightweight and privacy-focused web analytics tool that provides website owners insights into visitor behavior. It was founded in 2019 and is based in Estonia.
Plausible offers a clean and straightforward user interface that makes it easy to use.
They do have a focus on privacy, but according to many independent researchers and thought leaders, it may not be as privacy-friendly as they state. More can be read in this article, which was popular on HackerNews.
One good thing about Plausible is the easy-to-use dashboard which can be found in similar privacy-friendly analytics tools mentioned in this article.
- Provides detailed reports on visitor behavior.
- Offers a clean and straightforward user interface.
- Provides customizable dashboards and reports.
- Offers a free trial.
- Limited features compared to other paid options.
- A lower degree of in-depth reporting.
- Store IP-address.
Plausible’s pricing starts at $9/month when paid monthly or $7.5/month when paid annually. Though this is indeed affordable, you’ll have to keep in mind that this is the pricing for websites with less than 10,000 page views.
The next tier starts at $19/month when paid monthly or ~$15.9/month when paid annually for websites with less than 100,000 pageviews.
Things to Look For in an Analytics Tool
Selecting a tool for product analytics is a crucial decision. You might ask what could possibly go wrong when choosing one, yet you can miss out on a lot. Therefore, be sure to go through this checklist before making a choice. You're good to go if the tool provides these:
- Ease of Use: Regardless of your chosen product, it must be simple to use. You shouldn’t spend your precious time on a complex web analytics tool that takes time and experience to get familiar with.
- Accuracy: Getting an accurate picture of what’s happening on your website is important. Inaccurate data might lead to misjudged decisions that impact your business.
- Straightforward UI: Most of the time, you don’t need 75 custom dashboards (looking at you, Google). A straightforward overview of what’s happening on your website will give you the insights you need instantly. Look for a tool that gives you the insights you need without too many distracting bells and whistles.
- Lightweight: Your website is your storefront on the internet. Providing the best possible experience to your visitors matters. Installing an analytics script has an impact on your page speed. Choose an analytics tool that doesn’t slow your website down. This not only affects your visitors’ experience. Google will notice this as well.
- Privacy: The world is moving in a direction where privacy is becoming increasingly important. Google Analytics has been declared illegal in multiple EU countries. You don’t want to get caught up in this mess. Take privacy or compliance with regulation into account.
- Integration: To get a complete picture of your business, the tool should be able to integrate with other devices you use, such as your CRM or dashboarding tools.
- Pricing: Consider the tool's pricing and ensure it aligns with your budget. Take advantage of some companies' free trials or basic versions to ensure the product suits your needs before committing to a paying plan.
Although this checklist can assist you in getting started, there may be other factors for your organization that you need to consider.
Feel free to try Simple Analytics if you want a tool that checks these boxes. It provides the insights you need in a straightforward dashboard while being 100% GDPR compliant.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does WP statistics cost?
WP Statistics is free, but you must buy add-ons to get the insights you need to improve your website.
How do I see stats in WordPress?
You can use plugins, such as the Simple Analytics plugin for Wordpress, to get website analytics in Wordpress.
Is WP Statistics GDPR-compliant?
No, WP Statistics is not GDPR-compliant. It’s not a privacy-friendly analytics tool. If you are looking for one, you should check out Simple Analytics.
Should I use Simple Analytics?
Simple Analytics is a privacy-friendly Google Analytics alternative that gives you the insights you need without collecting personal data. If you care about the privacy of your users and want an intuitive dashboard with the most important website insights, Simple Analytics might be the tool you are looking for.